What We Know
There are great disparities of some health conditions between the various racial and ethnic groups. These disparities are often attributed to the fact that individuals are either uninformed, or unwilling to change their health-related behaviors because of misconceptions, or information is not available or, sometimes information is not presented in a manner that is specific, relevant, and appropriate to them.
We understand these intricacies and the nuances of personal attitudes and education, and have developed innovative approaches to target information to specific racial and ethnic groups in order to covey critical health information.
What We Do
At ZOR, we develop health education products that convey health-related messages in a culturally specific, relevant, and appropriate manner to empower people to adopt positive attitudes and behaviors that contribute to optimal health and well-being.
Our products are developed using extant qualitative and quantitative data combined with our experiences working with specific racial and ethnic groups and health disparity groups. We utilize innovative approaches that place critical health information in the context of personal, cultural, socio-economic and environmental factors to ensure maximum receptivity and behavior change.
ZOR strives to improve the health and social outcomes of all people by developing products that are culturally relevant and specific. The core values that guide our work are:
Our principals have over 20 years of experience in publication, national healthcare policy assessment, public health research and evaluation, education, and social research, and management in both the public and private sectors.
Why buy health education products from ZOR? Our products inform, educate and motivate people to make changes that will elevate their lives. They are innovative, and are of uncompromising quality, designed to help your organization further its goals of meeting the health education needs of all racial and ethnic groups. Our products share five important attributes:
· Compelling Design and Layout
- All of our brochures combine risk reduction and health promotion information with personal stories, graphics and images that are relevant to a specific target group. The narratives are designed to capture the attention of, and provoke the reader, while providing information that will maintain their interest.
· Culturally Specific and Relevant
Our brochures are set apart from others because we go beyond the traditional approach of defining culture solely in terms of race. We recognize that within racial groups there are specific sub-cultural groups that are based on ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
· Easy to Read
Easy to Understand
- Among the factors that help to make our products easy to understand are: 1) literacy levels that are below an eighth grade level; 2) concise headlines, subheads, and accented text; and 3) information that is visually clarified for "at a glance" reading comprehension.
· Effective - Our products deliver valuable information using clear, respectful, friendly language to promote learning and encourage action. This allows a successful transfer of information to the intended users that will produce timely behavior changes.
Our materials are the product of extensive and ongoing research. Each are thoroughly assessed and evaluated in-house, as well as, by recognized experts in specific fields, and potential users.